Yes, that's a classic of the period. I have a couple editions of it.

Fran
Lavolta Press
http://www.lavoltapress.com

Sharon Nevin wrote:

At 02:24 PM 3/10/2005, you wrote:

What is the book  you are using?

Cutting Out for Student Teachers by Amy K. Smith. 3rd Edition. Printed By Sir Isaac Pitman & Sons, London. 1916. I got lucky on Australian ebay and found an original copy for au$30.00. The only changes between this edition and the 1904 edition is addition of two patterns plus changes to the letterpress in terms of clarifying instructions and updating of exams. It's basically 256 pages on teaching cutting out of and patterns for underclothing (ladies, children, and men's shirts)