To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 12:31 PM
Subject: Re: Pleated smocks/shifts etc Re: [h-cost] Re: KWCS report?

Kate Bunting
Librarian and 17th century reenactor

[EMAIL PROTECTED] 13/10/2005 08:41 >>>

With your hint of the Sture shirt (I knew of the suits, but not the shirt),
I did some google searching and found a possible pattern and detail photos
of the Sture shirt, and info on the woman's reproduction shirt. However, I
am not sure what I am looking at with the detailed images, as there doesn't
appear to be an overall image of the original shirt to put it all into context.
http://swein.campus.luth.se/lia/garb/browndoublet/shirt.html
But it gave me a name of a journal to hunt down, "Journal of the Royal
Armoury" Vol IV: 8-9 (häfte 8-9) The article is titled "Stureskjortorna"
and it was written by Anna-Maja Nylén. Do you or anyone else have this,
seen this, and/or know what language it may be written in?

Uppsala is in Sweden. "Stureskjortorna" is Swedish for "The Sture shirts".