I've even seen the 1916 (?) version. I've YET to see a good version or play
of this series. And what BBC recently did to poor Anne is disgusting beyond
words. The books are aso basic and simple there is simply NO good reason
that a more accurate version can't be done. The best out of all would
probably be the version starring Anne Shirley. The actress did so well in
that one she changed her name to Anne Shirley. It was a PBS version done
back in the late 80's IIRC.

I've also seen the 1930's version with the blonde Diana. And it was the
stupidest piece of film I've seen yet. Diana needs her raven tresses.

Bice