You can get the link to work if you get rid of the "From" on the end of it.  In
any event, here's the eBay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-1720-Ivory-Fan-of-Moses-the-Brazen-Serpent_W0QQitemZ8343479166QQcategoryZ20288QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

KP

Joan Jurancich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 09:02 PM 10/20/2005, you wrote:
>I thought I'd share this fan on ebay someone
>has. http://snipurl.com/irwfFrom the
>18th Century hand fan with serpentine ivory
>sticks mounted with leaf depicting the Biblical
>story (Numbers 21: 4 &shy; 9) of The Israelites in
>the desert. Their punishment for speaking out
>against God and Moses was to be plagued with
>poisonous snakes. When the people repented,
>Moses was told by God to make an image of a
>snake of brass and set in on a tau-shaped (T)
>pole. It had a miraculous curative effect. This
>unique fan is painted with gouache on paper and
>is in very good condition No tears and no
>repairs. The color is bright and the ivory
>sticks are very high quality. The guards are
>laminated with mother of pearl shell at the top
>and at the base. The sticks are carved to
>display a woven pattern when the fan is closed
>(see photo). We will ship ivory to overseas
>buyers who have a U.S. agent to clear the item
>for international shipping. . The leaf measures
>16 1/2 inches across.Guard sticks are 10 1/4
>inches." I thought that several who do this time

Unfortunately, the snipped URL did not work. The
link merely takes one to the SnipURL site. You
might just give us the eBay link. Those usually work just fine.

Joan Jurancich
[EMAIL PROTECTED]