Just wondered, what will happen if a silk taffeta was dipped in cold water?
Would it get spoiled?

Spoiled no. But you'd probably lose some of the shine and crispness. It works well on any kind of silk I've tried (though I've never tied taffeta). Fix your dye with vinegar though, or use silk specific dye. You might also want to try with a little more than a "small" sample, something big enough to judge changes in the way fabric will drape, because that can change after the fabric got wet. _______________________________________________