At 21:51 08/11/2005, you wrote:
Perhaps the english journal of the Costume Society, have some more
informations of the bodice?

Bjarne

Good idea, Bjarne, I hadn't thought about that... okay after looking at
their site, I didn't see any information about it. Maybe Saragrace's
inquiries will bear fruit. I've emailed them also.
   (hmm.. my last reply I believe I forgot to change the subject
   header. : p)

As far as I remember there has been nothing in the journal of the Costume Society about this garment. If it is private property, and was put on hold there would not have been time to publish in the latest copy received July/August this year. If money was being raised to prevent this historic garment from leaving England I feel sure that members of the Costume Society, The Art Fund and The Friends of Fashion of the Museum of London would all have been asked to contribute, and as I am a member of all three I would have had some notification. I have had no such notification.

I too will be awaiting further developments.

Suzi