As long as there are no strange bumps or ridges, it doesn't matter.

I'm reminded of the construction of some originals - rather than setting the sleeve into an armscye, it seems that the sleeve tops are eased into place and then the strap or robings are applied on top of them. So perhaps you'll have the opportunity to ensure the sleeves go smoothly over the straps of the stays, and the actual position of the seams on the gown will not matter.

     -Carol

Dear Saragrace,
Albertcat, understood it right, its my armscye of the bodice wich are bigger than the armscye in the stays.
It wont show when the bodice covers the stays, do you get it?

Bjarne