At 05:24 10/11/2005, you wrote:
A friend asked me to help pass this around the net.
--------------------------------
'LOOPING THE  LOOPS',
RESEARCH BY
THE EARLY KNITTING HISTORY GROUP
Saturday, 11th March, 2006.
at
The Courtauld Institute of Art
Somerset House, Strand, London, WC2.

Following its former successes the Early Knitting History Group is to hold a one-day seminar of continuing research into knitting and similar non-woven fabrics up to the year 1600. This will be in collaboration with Medats at the Courtauld Institute at Somerset House on the above date. Papers will cover the history, techniques, excavation, conservation, collection, recording and depictions of early handknitting, with samples and demonstrations throughout the day.

For further details see www.medats.org.uk or contact Kirstie Buckland, at 01600-712469 or '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'

Just for information - this is a sub-group of the "Medieval Dress and Textiles Society" which is inexpensive to join. If you are in or near, (or can get to) London they hold whole day meetings regularly on many dress and textile related subjects. The last one I went to was on "Narrow Wares" and the last one, a two day seminar, was about the use of gold and silver thread.

Suzi