I hope you enjoy your trip as much as I did.  We went to the McCord Museum to
see my husband's grandfathers picture collection when it was on display there.
The romanian gypsy outfit looked great in his photos and then I got a book
"Cut my Cote".  In this book from the Royal Ontario Museum is a picture of
almost the same outfit.  The book states that the outfit is Roumanian, North
Moldavia, Late 19th Century.  Surprising that there was  a young women wearing
the almost exact outfit in the nothern interior of BC in the 1920's.The outfit
is so ornate with it's embroidery, woven belt, black wool wrap-around skirt and
white linen & cotton shirt. She was photographed outside on a wintery day so
the darker color really pop from all that white.  Yes, she got her money for
not putting a curse on the family and offering  goodluck instead..

Edith

"Jeanine E. Swick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Guess I should have said the U.S. Thanksgiving, I know Canada's is in
Oct., but didn't think of that when I posted. We'll be there from Nov.
26 to Dec. 3rd. My husband has a conference there and I'm going along
to play tourist.

I should be able to navigate the Metro there even though I don't know
much French. I managed the trains and subways in Japan a few years ago
- not all the stations use dual text (kanji (sp)& roman) on their signs.

I saw a reference to the McCord Museum costume collection. The link
will be helpful.

Thanks,
Jeanine