Thanks very much for your help. Not having planned to take up leather dyeing, and therefore not having researched it, I was not aware that I had to deglaze the purse, dye it, then reglaze. If you are dyeing the same item two different colors in different areas, do you use masking tape or something to protect the edges of one color when you are doing another? Like masking off the edges of a wall when you paint the molding another color?

Thanks a lot,

Fran
Lavolta Press
http://www.lavoltapress.com

Pierre & Sandy Pettinger wrote:

Fran,

Also try:  www.tandyleather.com
They are a U.S. company - the cosplay site is Canadian, so shipping might be an issue (I'm assuming you're in the U.S.).

<snip>