Hi,

Thank you for the response!
I'll try to answer all the emails at once.

I will hopefully get the "Cut of Men's Clothes" (Norah Waugh) and the
Cut of Women's Clothes as a X-mas present from my husband.
I already read in a revieuw that the patterns are from pre-1780s and the
other half from 1840 on.
But I am also planning on making a 1860 or 1885 "Dickens fair" costume
for my husband.
I have the Laughing Moon 109 men's frock coat for that.
It will be the fhirst time I will make something tailord as that and the
pattern looks quite difficult.

Diana Snipp<<

Actually, if you look closer at the embroidered white dresses, they use a
very light cotton fabric and leave it smooth across the front.  Then start
your pleating around where the arms hang and the majority of the pleats
are in the back.  It is much more flattering than pleating or gathering
all around the top of the skirt.

I think I'll do that. Thanks for the idea.
I hadn't noticed it before.

Bjarne Snipp<<
In Koehler´s book, there is a nice cut of a gentlemans garment for this
event. Its from 1804. This is not one of the coats that is cut straight
over at the front, but has the curves from previous fashion.

That book is on my wish list too.
I would love to make a beautifull embroidered 18th century costume for
my husband like the ones you make.
And I probaby will some day.
Because of that I think it would be more interesting for me to make a
more different costume for this period.

Ann Wass Snipp<<
Hill and Bucknell's "Evolution of Fashion"

I have a copy of a part of that book.
Unfortionally only untill 1585

De Snipp<<
Gallery with some regency
http://www.vintagetextile.com/gallery_early.htm

Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aylwen Garden Snipp<<
I am in the middle of making some Regency tailcoats - I have been
scaling up patterns from RL Shep "Federalist & Regency Costume:
1790-1819". If you want to chat while you're putting it together I'm
only an email away.

Cheers, Aylwen Garden

http://www.regencyreproductions.com

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Earthly-Delights

You make beautifull costumes!
"Federalist & Regency Costume: 1790-1819" Looks like an interesting book.
But it looks like it is out of print :(

Kathleen Snipp<<
Think that the one I have and have used is from Rockinghorse Farm(?),  It is
double breasted, with the proper pleats at the tail opening at the back.
This one little detail is missing from at least one of the contemporary
patterns.  I compared the pieces to the shapes in "Cut of men's clothes
before I cut it out.

I have never used Rocking horse farm patterns.
Do you mean the dragoon Uniform pattern?
http://rockinghorse-farm.com/
The others are only the waistcoats.

Greetings,
        Deredere