Kimiko Small wrote:

Thank you Bjarne for posting this on the list.

Melanie, I, too, love the work you have done on that doublet. You have inspired me to follow suit, as soon as I can find some time and a suitable project to work on. Ah, perhaps the glove gauntlets I keep wanting to do, since small and portable must be a part of the criteria.

That sounds lovely!

Please Melanie, keep us informed on your progress.

I will, of course, though progress is slow. Perhaps in a year or two I'll have something more to show than more of the same. For right now, I'm 3/4 through the embroidery and applique on the doublet. Next panel on the frame will be the other half of the front plus the short uppersleeve pieces, then a panel or two of skirt guarding. THEN I can begin construction!

Slowly but surely (mostly slowly),
Melanie