I just looked at my cut out pattern for the butterick stays, the very next
project (well maybe, or maybe a new 18c fancy pants waistcoat for my husbands
birthday, and finish my...)

  The shape of these stays is not the classic ice cream cone shape of the
middle 18c years (ala J.P. Ryan's patterns)  It is more of the ...latter years
shape kind of like that champagne saucer glass, smaller waist, bigger bosom,
but more flaired.  Pardon my description, I know it's not very good.

  And what's on my dress form?  My dress form is a hanger on the wall too, and
it's holding the under lining for a 1760-70s shot silk taffeta Brunswick gown,
sort of like the one shown in one of the Dress in 18th Cent.Books by
Ribiero?/Buck? (I don't have the citation)  It's the one of Lady Mary Fox,
later Baroness Holland (ca. 1767), with darling red and white stripped ribbons
on her elbows, a really fetching cap with lace and  more of the little red and
white stripped ribbbons, and she's carrying a little dog.  I have the lining
done, I have it silk cut out.  Now to find the time.  I have too much invested
in the material for it to become a passed over project.

  18c Mia in CHarlotte, NC