I am going to be making tomorrow (wed, nov23) one of the black partlets shown in some of AERTSEN's work. Some examples of a painting with some of these partlets is http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/html/a/aertsen/ (in the ninth, tenth and eleventh paintings down). These partlets seem to be basically exactly the same pattern as the white linen ones worn beneath, so I have a pattern. However, I am wondering if i should make the partlet out of one layer, and just make the inside seams as pretty as I can, or should I make them out of two layers and make the seems go inside? anyway have any insight?

I make my white linen ones from two layers, though I am thinking of making one with only one layer-it seems like it will be more see though with only one layer, and some of the paintings make it seem like they should be see though sometimes. Thanks to anyone who shares their opinion, I value both theoretical and practical outlooks.