Thanks very much for the help!
Best Regards-
Dame catriona MacDuff

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Sue Clemenger
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:37 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Re: Mus. of London... knit question

We've discussed it over there, as well.  Despite the (current) knitting
nomenclature including the phrase "garter stitch," I don't recall anyone on
the h-knit list coming up with examples of actual garters made from that
stitch (or other knitting).  At least, certainly not pre-17th century
European.
--Sue