Sue wrote:
I adore music from the Renaissance and Baroqe periods, though, and Mozart
(does he count as Baroqe or Romantic?).

Mozart is considered "classical", along with Haydn and early Beethoven. Classicism is between Baroque and Romantic.
                     -Helen/Aidan
(Who grew up not especially liking opera, since it was blasted in our house every waking moment my father was not at work. Of course, my opinion changed in my late teens. I'm also not a 19th c music fan for the most part (give me Bach and Mozart); most of it is too schmaltzy for my taste, except for some of the national/folkloric stuff. There's some good stuff in the 20th c, but definitely not that serial stuff.)