Dawn wrote:
I'm looking for a woven, single fold tape that's used to trim the edges of felt hats. It's not cotton bias tape. It has a weave more like a shoelace, but it's flat. (At least on the hat I have). I want to buy some to finish a hat, but I don't know what it's called. Can anyone help me?

I think what you are looking for is either "millinery grosgrain" or "french belting". You take the ribbon that you want to use (4" longer than the diameter of the brim), soak it, fold it in half, and wrap it tightly around the edge of a disk, you can use a dinner plate according to the book "from the neck up". Tape it to the plate with duct tape (just tape it at the ends) and let it dry, unstick it and attach it to your hat using a stab stitch or w/ a zipper foot.

Note: I have never done this, so you now know as much as I do. I believe you can get millinery grosgrain from www.hatsupply.com

liz young