I've never owned a steam iron and neither has my Mum. Now that I have a tumble
dryer, I only give the clothes a short tumble (which shakes the worst creases
out of knitted cotton garments) and iron them while still damp. If they have
got too dry I spray them with water.

Kate Bunting
Librarian and 17th century reenactor

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 29/11/2005 20:20 >>> wrote:
I once did the ironing for the priest on my campus (the linens we use at
mass and such). He had washed them but did not put them in the dryer. To
keep them wet he kept them in the ridge and then while you ironed you not
only took out all wrinkles but also dried them!!
Another side effect is having a slight steam facial. lol.

Since I am a poor student- and I dropped my iron at the beginning of last
year so it leaks when I do put water in it. I have resorted to this method
which really does work!

Katy- an eager learner.