On Sun, 4 Dec 2005, Judy Mitchell wrote:
>       very interesting! Hmm, Merrow is saying early to mid- 1920s. I had
> wanted to write the Husqvarna company about when they started
> (especially since I'm particularly interested in Sweden), but they have
> no contact info and just want you to contact your local distributor
> (who, esp over here) won't have a clue to the answer!

Hi! I tried calling the Norwegian Husqvarna branch to ask, but they were
clueless. Unfortunately I don't have time to pursue this right now, but
he gave me the number to the Swedish factory (or so he said):
+4636146000, if you would like to contact them directly. The Swedish
website also gives an e-mail address for the Swedish branch:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] I don't know if they would know the history at
that particular address, but they should be able to forward it to
someone who does.

According to Husquarna's webpage, they started manufacturing sewing
machines in 1872. No mention is made specifically of
sergers/overlockers, but they do give a link to a museum that seems like
it covers the enitre tchnological history of the area, including the
arms manufacture but also the sewing machines:
http://www.husqvarna-museum.nu/ Maybe they would know! :)

Hope this helps,
Ingrid

--