Hmmmm, you have my curiosity up. Isn't the edge of the fabric on the hoop protected by the outer hoop? If it is the rest of the fabric you are worried about then I could see why you'd want to place a piece of tissue paper over the entire embroidery (with the inner hoop underneath) place the outer hoop on top, then tear the paper off where you want to work. Not to argue with Tania-you guys "over there" call stuff differently than we, but silk paper over here is rather expensive. Tissue paper is really cheap and is mostly used for wrapping gifts. It is the same as the paper most patterns are made of over here (very light and easily torn).

You could do the same I guess with a piece of calico (which I think we call muslin BTW) and cut a hole...maybe a little more expensive, but more durable.

Sg

Bjarne og Leif Drews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 Hi,
Rats- my dictionary stinks. It doesnt have the word "tissue paper".