otsisto wrote:

What nationality/county is the painting?
unusual cuff on the under garment.

Dutch, I belive. There's more text at the website -- higher up the "tree" as it were. Websearches on her name turn up a lot, too. The draped undersleeve like that is seen in several other paintings of this time, most notably the Tres Riches Heures.

http://www.rijksmuseum.nl/images/aria/sk/z/sk-c-1454.z

--
Cynthia Virtue and/or Cynthia du Pre Argent

Feeling like your Middle Age is upon you? New design at my CafePress store, with a medieval woodcut of a pharmacist, a paen to OTC drugs, and a quote from Chaucer about old(er) age. Black T-shirt, various other colors & items: http://www.cafepress.com/virtueventures.39314581