I'm planning an Elizabethan gown to wear for dancing. It must allow for extremely hot weather, 4-hour long stretches of dancing and yet look grand for costume displays. I ned the bodice to be low-cut to allow me to cool down. I've seen a child's dress at http://www.marquise.de/en/1500/pics/1542_1.shtml which is similar to http://www.marquise.de/en/1500/pics/1540_1.shtml and wondered if it possible to make this for an adult? Last night I drafted up a bodice from Jean Hunnisett and today I washed some green cotton-cum-polycotton brocade (from the curtain section of our local Spotlight store). Would it work in a brocade or should I use silk?
Other images I like are:
http://www.marquise.de/en/1500/pics/153x_2.shtml
http://www.marquise.de/en/1600/pics/1610_1.shtml
And I've just found this sketch that looks ideal - http://www.davidclaudon.com/Elizabethan/female.jpg as a gown from 1575 - I'm wearing this gown in a few weeks time to a Midsummer Night's Dream Ball, but am wanting it to fit within the SCA period for when I might go to their events.

Many thanks, Aylwen