<snip for length>
my def. on MoaP
this is not (though loud) MoaP
http://photobucket.com/albums/v314/Maestro01/PSClaudeandPetronella/?action=v

iew&current=PC36.jpg

It's when the bodice is cinched in such a way that the bosoms have no
room
but to pop out.
http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?userid=jmstrange&gallery_id=25

2009&image_id=11
Though these are wenches, I have seen women suppose to be nobility and
looking like tarts.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v314/Maestro01/CommercialShoot/?action=view&cu

rrent=Commercial95.jpg
This isn't as bad as I have seen in the past.
Now I have no problem MoaPs except that it has become the belief that
this
was the norm for women of that century. This is not saying that the
blooming
bosom wasn't seen but it wasn't common.

De
================================

Sigh, I have to take responsibility for some of these, this is my home
faire :).

I think you are right though, in the business part of the rennfaire
world, this is a *very* accepted look for any female in costume.  It is
expected by the majority of the patrons too.  There is little tolerance
for authentic costuming when what they want is 'St. Pauly Girl' both for
serving the ale and wearing the crown.

I just try and tell myself it is at least fairly close to 17th C :).

That being said, this group of wenches actually do a pretty good job of
staying away from TOAP and overflowing cups.

Catherine