On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, angelalazear wrote:

> Can anyone take a moment to instruct me as to how to pull up our old
> topic threads?

No help from me on sergers -- I've never used one -- but to find the
archives, follow the directions on the h-cost info page, URL at the bottom
of all messages:

When you get to the archive page, do be sure to read the directions. It is
not your typical search engine; it was set up by listmember Eric Praetzel,
as a public service (for which we should thank him many times over!).

You can also find more recent archives at a parallel site on gmane, which
began in June 2005:
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.culture.studies.history.costume

...or at yet another online archive, here, which began around that same
time, I think:
http://www.mail-archive.com/h-costume@mail.indra.com/info.html

--Robin