Hi,

  I'm on my first attempt of making a gothic fitted dress. It's for a modern
ball, so I'm taking a bit liberty with historical correctness. It's basically a
MS Bodleian 264 dress, with a shallow wide neck opening and tight buttoned
sleeves. The sleeves are supposed to go down over the knuckles with a small
flare, which IIRC are a later development.

  Now, for my problem. What would be the easiest/best/authentic way of cutting
the sleeves? I'm thinking either to cut the sleeve in one piece, with a flare
at the end, and then insert a gore in the middle (i.e. where the thumb is when
wearing the dress) to make the flare symmetrical, OR make an ordinary sleeve
first and then add a (two?) curved piece for the cuff.

  Naturally, I'm behind schedule, so quick replies are very appreciated.

  /Lena (38 buttonholes to go... *shudder*)