I have a skirt cut out that way too, but I haven't started sewing it
together yet.  Looks as though we were thinking alike when it comes to the
big pleats.  I just saw a painting that has those pleats knife pleated
looking.  I wonder if the dress hadn't been packed in a trunk and the
roundness pinched.

Regina