To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 5:12 PM
Subject: Re: [h-cost] about jas townsend

Hi, Bjarne. I'm not in Europe, but I've ordered from Jas Townsend in the past, particularly stockings and hat blanks. I ordered by telephone and found the company very helpful and accommodating. I also had a short deadline for the stockings etc., and they made my deadline easily. You'd probably have to pay extra shipping costs, but if they say they can meet your deadline I believe they will. You should phone them if possible, though, so you can talk to a person and discuss your needs.

Of course I can't say if my experience is typical, but I can attest to their excellent service in that one experience.

--Ruth Anne Baumgartner
scholar gypsy and amateur costumer