On Saturday 11 February 2006 8:56 am, Lloyd Mitchell wrote:
> I have it on the shelf, but it is in the file to discard.
>   Does anyone not know  about the R.Courson book I mentioned earlier.

Yes, I am familiar with Corson's book.  However, I believe it's out of print.
It's certainly hard to find; after prowling the Internet for awhile I managed
to score a copy for $75 USD.  That's why I didn't recommend it first to the
lady who started this thread.

>   He
> covers hair styles from almost pre-history through most of the twentieth
> Century.  This volume is about 3" thick; the drawings are based on statuary
> of the ancients through gleanings from pictorial evidences of art and
> photography.  All of the pic's are black and white line renderings of hair
> style from any of the periods.  And it carries a fairly comprehensive
> bibliography as well as interpretive  descriptions .

You are quite right, Kathleen.  Corson's book is my basic reference for
hairstyles though it's not cheap to obtain.  My bet is that it'd be easy
enough to find via ILL though.

Corson also did a book on the history of makeup which I will eventually track
down, time and cost permitting.  :-)

--
Cathy Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Physics is like sex; sure, it may give some practical
results, but that's not why we do it."--Richard Feynman