-----Original Message-----

> I don't need an insurance inventory, fortunately!

Well, everybody might need to claim insurance some day. My in-laws'
house burned down in the firestorm in the East Bay some years ago, and
it turned out their policy required listing every single item they
wanted to claim, down to the skillets and the towels--along with current
values. I'm well aware how much work that is, because I did most of it.

I'd like to second that.  I learned that hard lesson after the San Diego
fires in 2003.  The insurance company expected us to list each and every
item we'd lost AND give them an idea of what they were worth.  They also
wanted to see the burned carcasses or photos of same. They had a hard time
believing $1000 for a tent and hundreds for period camping furniture.
Fortunately the books weren't touched.
Julie in Ramona/San Diego