To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2006 6:11 AM
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Sorenson OT +

I know how you feel, Bjarne.

My family research hit a wall too, due to a language barrier and a revolution.

My great-great-great--(forget how many greats) grandfather left France in 1786 (3 years before the French Revolution) for Canada at the age of two.

I don't speak French, and even if I did the odds of any records surviving the Revolution probably aren't good.

On the other hand, a cousin has traced my great-great--(again, forgot how many greats) grandmother, Lady Anne Gosse, to 1660s England.

I think we have an SCA persona here! I can borrow her name and craft a history based on the info my cousin dug up.

Michelle, seeing the cup half-full.