An interesting piece of trivia about this portrait...it is supposedly the first English portrait painted with a cat in it.

Cheers,
Danielle

At 05:42 PM 3/14/2006, you wrote:
At 23:01 14/03/2006, you wrote:
That is very sheek! :-)
What would you use for the small bows?
I would recomend you to use silk ribbon of the kind used for ribbon work, its so soft and delicate and would make very nice bows.

Bjarne

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kathy Page" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Historical Costume List" <h-costume@mail.indra.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:09 PM
Subject: [h-cost] Glove pic

Okay, I have everything fixed. This is the drawing I
was talking about:

http://ca.geocities.com/absynthe30/avatars/hand.jpg

Look familiar to anyone?

This looks like a redrawing from a painting of someone who was imprisoned in the Tower of London, and was painted with a cat. I copied these gloves for the Tower some years ago. I will look out the research and post as soon as I can.

Suzi