Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:29:26 +0000
From: "Kate M Bunting"
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Glove pic

I can only think of Rembrandt's portrait of Jan Six.
http://www.artchive.com/artchive/R/rembrandt/jan_six.jpg.html has links to 2
articles which discuss the significance of the gloves in this picture.

Kate Bunting
Librarian and 17th century reenactor

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 15/03/2006 12:48 >>>
What is the reason that several Dutch portraits have the person wearing one
glove and holding the other? Most of them are on the right hand but the one
of Valois one is on the left.
If nothing else, I've been introduced to the massive amounts of portraits
from the references in this discussion board.