I don't believe in the traditional (and outmoded) female role model of constantly saying, "of course, it's only my opinion," "it's just my two cents," "your mileage may vary," "what does the rest of the group think?" ad nauseum.

Tone is not apparent on a list like this one, so I think it's important to spell out one's opinions and offer citations. Statements like those Fran mentions are sometimes used to emphasize that the writer is not saying "always" or "never".

There are plenty of topics in costume research where we can state a general trend, which may have rare exceptions. Or the observation is different in another culture or a few decades earlier/later.

It's a soft area of research in many ways, with new information found or new experiments attempted. Some of the statements are a shorthand way of saying "This is my own research/experience and others may find something different. I would be very interested to hear about any examples in XYZ culture for the years __ to __."

"YMMV" (Your Mileage May Vary) covers differences in body size, price ranges, etc. As long as people don't get too much into obscure acronyms, or too use many assumptions so that their meaning is not clear.