>>Bjarne, can you explain how 17th century men's linen cuffs
(wristbands) were pinned on?
>>Kate Bunting
>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 17/03/2006 20:43 >>>
>The doublets all have 2 piece sleaves. The back seam is not finished, but
>opened about 5-10 cm. Then they used to (in come cases) turn back the
>sleave, so that it would make a cuff in itself. But when worn with white
>linnen cuffs, i suppose they were just pinned together with the cuffs. No
>buttons, no buttonholes - nothing

I had thought to whip stitch the cuffs onto the sleeve, then remove at
wash time & replace for the next wearing.  Himself would certainly
have less pins to complain about and I wouldnt have to look at dirty
cuffs.
No research results here, just practical matters.
I'm looking forward to Nicole's pinned cuff picture, tho'.
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]