Someone posted a link to the cover picture, not the one inside that you had
described for me.  Suzi has sent me a scan of the page in question, so I
have both images in my collection now.  every bit of information that I can
find about the dolls is really wonderful.

Oh and to make this really historical costume related, these dolls in these
images aren't fashion dolls. Fashion dolls didn't really come into common
use until the mid-17th or later centuries.  Everything I've found with dolls
from the 16th and early 17th century show the doll matching it's owner, so
an English girl's doll wears English styles, the German girl's doll wears
German styles and the Spanish girl's doll wears Spanish styles.  If anyone
has something different I'd love to see it!

alex