In a message dated 3/28/2006 11:43:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Really.  I've got about 15 yards of rayon/linen blend.  Has a  *very*
nice hand to it.  Got it at Hancocks on the $2.00/yard  table.  :-)  10
yards of yellow, 5 of light green (or is it the  other way around!)

I stand corrected.  I shouldn't have made that comment, I guess, as I
haven't cruised the chain fabric aisles lately.  When I did work at  Hancock,
poly/rayon was the thing, but that was a while ago.

Last time I bought "linen", it was at a store in New York that only sold  the
real thing, and that was all they sold.

However, I think I'm safe on the wrinkle part.  I suspect that rayon  is
being used to blend for cost (it is a really cheap fiber), and, perhaps, for
hand, as you point out.  Rayon DOES drape well, and takes dyes well, but  this
also does mean it wrinkles.

Ann Wass