I saw Ninya site and asked her several questions already. I just wanted to make sure there was no alternate way to do it... and I pick the wrong one. Thanks for the advice. I think I've over researched this garb and made myself nervous about making it. I made the corset/bosy for my daughter of lined. that studff is wonderful to hand sew. I'm making the complete thing with hand sewn parts. I may never do it again but well worth the time. I like handsewing. Sewing all those channels on the corset was not fun but I learned more that way. When I make mine, I need to measure more fully. I had some that were too wide and some too narrow. I need to be more consistant. It was the first one I've ever made. It looks wonderful. I'll try to post a picture when I can. I had decided to use the Elenor de Toledo dress for mine but an liking the early Tudors more now that I've found so many with the turned-up sleeves. I think it would look better if we have matching period gown since we're going together.
Elizabeth wants me to play her mom. I can do that.

----- Original Message ----- From: "michaela" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Princess Elizabeth's garb

<<I'm ready to cut the fabric and just realized that I don't know how it is
closed. Does it open in the front with a front stomacher or does it close
somewhere else and hidden? Can anyone suggest how to place an opening in
this gown? I've seen it done both ways in dresses. This is for a 7 year old
so it has to be the simplest way. I just want it to be right.>>

As the skirt is open in the front I'd suggest making it close in front with a stomacher/placard over it. It doesn't really seem logical to have a bodice open somewhere else becaue it means the skirt has an extra opening somewhere
else.
http://www.ninyamikhaila.com/tower.html
http://www.ninyamikhaila.com/Princesselizabeth.html
It really does give a good smooth look.

michaela
http://glittersweet.com
the temptation to make a tudor gown is growing...