Elizabeth wrote:
I've just come across a new picture the central portrait at the top of this page http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/Documents/the_marriage_of_queen_mary.htm I'm interested because it's a side view of a French hood (and more portraits are always good) but I can't find a larger picture, has anybody else seen this portrait before and know where I can find a better picture of it? This website doesn't provide any details on where it is or who painted it, and from what I've read elsewhere on this site I think the images are all taken from the web so there's no chance of looking it up in a book.

This is a small panel portrait by an anonymous artist of the English school held at the Denver Art Museum in the Berger Collection. A somewhat larger version can be found here: http://www.bridgeman.co.uk/search/view_image2.asp?image_id=119972

This link will take you directly to the image in the museum collection: http://www.bergercollection.org/artwork_detail.php?i=37 You can enlarge it, but the resolution is very fuzzy.

Good luck,

-Helen/Aidan