And her line was something like, "I saw them in the window and I just
couldn't resist."

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Sue Clemenger
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2006 8:08 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Re:Curtains

Oh, man....suddenly, I'm overcome with the memory of watching a particular
Carol Burnett sketch, many years ago.... (For those of you on other shores
who may not be familiar with her, Carol is an *amazingly funny* American
comedian, who used to have a sort of variety show on t.v., with a wonderful
ensemble cast.  At one point, they did a "Gone with the Wind" sendup, and
Carol wore a spoof of Scarlett's curtain outfit....complete with curtain rod
sticking out past her shoulder
blades....)
--Sue