From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of susannah eanes
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 8:04 PM
To: h-costume@mail.indra.com
Subject: [h-cost] ideas on making body-shape suit or adding weight to
anactress

Recently we costumed for the play "A Little Princess."  One of the
characters is a young girl with a bit of a weight problem.  She was superbly
portrayed by a rather thin young girl.  We stuffed a bodystocking with
fiberfill at first during rehearsals but it was so hot she nearly passed out
and became very flushed.  So we tried having her wear three cotton teeshirts
but that didn't work too well either.  We finally just used the fiberfill &
stuffed her blouse, a fitted Victorian high-collared style, after she put it
on to fill out the necessary areas.  That didn't work really either, because
after every scene we had to readjust the fiberfill because it kept shifting
& even falling out below the skirt.  She left puff-bunnies all over
backstage but fortunately none fell out on stage --although in one of the
final scenes she suddenly developed a "hernia" on her left side.

  Please --we may do this play again for the lower schools.  Can anyone give
us any ideas on making a Mrs. Doubtfire-type removable bodyshape suit on a
low budget that won't cause the young actress to expire with heat?

  Thanks for any & all suggestions.

  Blessings,
  Susannah