Sorry, thought she needed a doublet.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 7:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [h-cost] 16th century men query

In a message dated 4/13/2006 9:07:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

The new  book, "The Tudor Tailor" has a line drawing of almost exactly what
you  want, on page 63. You would just have to make the hanging  sleeves.

**************
I don't see any breeches on page 63.

I thought her dilemma was she cannot find a pictorial reference to a
doublet
with long skirts worn with "breeches"....by which I think she means
Venetians. There is a rendering of a man in a skirted doublet [one looks
like a
jerkin] with paned hosen that come to just above the knee on pages 11, 15
and 19. The paintings these details are from are

"The Fete at Bermondsey"  by Joris Hoefnagel c1570 [page 11] "The
Embarkation at Dover" in the Royal Collection [page 15] and "The Field of
the Cloth of Gold", also in the Royal Collection [Page  19]

The whole paintings [I think] are on the "Contents" page....but get your
magnifying glass out.

But that's the problem isn't it? Most renderings of a doublet with
Venetians
are of the later short doublet with tassets.

And again, these men all appear to be servants of some kind holding arms or

something. But some are just dancing or socializing so you cannot really
tell.