Speaking of Alan Tudyk brings to mind another
odd/wonderful costume display - Firefly & Serenity.
Not your "normal" sci fi outing but really fun.  I
love the blend of cultural influences - it must have
been a blast to work on that series.  And Wash was one
of my favorites.

--- E House <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I loved Knight's Tale.  It has such a sense of humor
> about itself, which
> I'll take any day over a movie that takes itself too
> seriously.  It was
> supposed to give modern-day, non-historians a feel
> for how jousting was
> regarded in its heyday--an exciting, hip sporting
> event, complete with rabid
> fans and regional rivalries--and I think that the
> anachronisms added to that
> rather than taking away from it.
>
> By the way, the commentary for the DVD is pretty
> darn funny, and full of the
> director making straight-faced comments such as how
> surprised he'd been to
> find out that David Bowie was not, in fact, a
> medieval bard.  (He also
> explains what 'fong' means.) AKT is one of the very
> few movies I actually
> liked well enough to buy on DVD, which for me is
> saying a lot.
>
> Besides, I'm a huge Alan Tudyk fan. (The red-headed,
> frog-faced guy who
> played Wat and wanted to fong everyone.)
>
> -E House

Rebecca Burch
Center Valley Farm
Duncan Falls, Ohio, USA