The Pink gown is by Bronzino and supposed to be Eleonora's "wedding" gown--
the dress in which she made her formal entrance into Florence. Florentines
liked color and probably would not have liked the black gown she wore when
she landed in Pisa...

The dress in which she was buried in, was a solid satin, not the patterned
dress in black gold and white (silver?). Her burial dress was something that
she had worn before, and was not especially made for her to wear in her
coffin. Remember, she died in Pisa, in December 1562, was not embalmed after
she died, was transported to Florence and was buried.  They probably dressed
her in a hurry (ugh), because of the state of her body.

You might be thinking of the red gown that was on display in Memphis last
year. It was found in Pisa on a statue of the BVMary, at/near the
convent/church that Eleonora had endowed...
http://www.wonders.org/masters8.htm

The dresses worn by Eleonora in her Bronzino portraits usually don't have
that center strip down the CF. You can surmise that is there from the
pictures where she wears a zimarra (surcoat). Where you do see the strip
come from the hands of copyists, or students of Bronzino or from his
workshop-- not from the master himself. The Alorri portrait in Francisco's
Studiolo is posthumous. The standing color style looks to be to late to
actually be worn by Eleonora.

Regards-
Monica Spence
(SCA: Catriona MacDuff)