Email me offlist -- I do custom orders and short-run items, and would be
interested in discussing this with you.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of E House
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 10:41 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Firefly & metalwork for costumes

I recently realized that, duh, there are a lot of metalworkers in the
h-costuming world who can probably make a replica of the interesting
fastener buckle thingies on the browncoat for me, so after thwacking myself
on the head, I will now go find someone to do a custom order.

Which reminds me of two metalwork/costume related questions--first, someone
(Saragrace?) hired someone to custom-make a dress-hook of the Flemish
peasant variety for them--does anyone know who that was, and who they
ordered from?  Second, has anyone done much of this sort of custom ordering?
There are several things I'd like made; similar items on the websites of
metalworkers are nicely priced, but I expect that making something for the
first time is a lot more expensive than all the rest of the times it's made.
(I'll want things made in something other than pewter; probably brass.)

-E House
(PS--for the browncoats on the list, did you know that Adam Baldwin posts on
the official boards all the time?
http://forums.prospero.com/foxfirefly/
Nathan Fillion has been known to pop in as well.)