Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:07:39 -0300
From: "kelly grant"
Subject: [h-cost] Movies-things that make you cringe!

> but because of my DH the entire family is known to yell >at
> the screen in any movie historical or modern "PICK UP >THE AMMO/WEAPON",
> as
> the good guy runs around ect...

Our favourite thing to make us yell at the screen..."Close the damn door!"
When the actor walks intoa building and leaves to door open, to be closed
miraculously by someone else!

It is getting better though, and so too are costumes in movies. Could you
imagine if Hollywood were still costuming the way it did in the 1950's, then
those 1810 dresses would have waistlines down around the hipline with gaps
to show off the pierced midriff. ;-)

I think it's because the public is becomming better educated about costume
history, I also think that it will get better in the future too. Costume
Literature has jumped tenfold since I left University, so have the skill
levels of the majority of students. People are pushing themselves further
and further, trying to find out how those garments were made and worn in
history, not just trying to capture a look.

Kelly

Message: 6
>> but because of my DH the entire family is known to yell >at
>> the screen in any movie historical or modern "PICK UP >THE AMMO/WEAPON",
>> as
>> the good guy runs around ect...
>
> Our favourite thing to make us yell at the screen..."Close the damn door!"
> When the actor walks intoa building and leaves to door open, to be closed
> miraculously by someone else!

It's not just costumers/historians who tell fictional characters when
they're wrong, my Mum's a nurse and you can't get through any sort of
medical drama without learning where they have taken liberties with the
facts.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth Walpole
Canberra Australia