In a message dated 4/26/2006 2:19:47 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

but have  a friend who asked me for a pattern for
a Rev war era fitted bodice. She  said that they were incorrectly called
Jumps for awhile.  Anyone know  what it is I need?  Any patterns online
anywhere?  I can enlarge  a print-out, and probably fit it without toooo much
problem, but I would  not say that I am any more than an  'adequate'
seamstress.

Uh, this garment is now generally known as "the mythical bodice," or a name
that can't be sent via the Internet.  Not sure how you will dissuade her,
but, believe me, she should be dissuaded.

The 18thc Woman list is just going through this topic again.

Ann Wass