From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 1:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [h-cost] Re: Simplicity 4156 - 1895

In a message dated 4/29/2006 1:09:42 AM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

On 4/28/06, Dawn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is new, and Wow, I love the sleeves!
>
> http://www.simplicity.com/assets/4156/4156.jpg
>

> The skirt looks a bit odd to me though. Has anyone had a good look at
> this yet? Is it based on something real? I see they date it as "circa
> 1895".

If you want some excellent patterns for the Victorian period, try patterns
from the "Truly Victorian" Company.  www.trulyvictorian.com

They have patterns from pre-Civil War (1830) through the 1890's. And their
site has a photo gallery so you can see the different combinations of
bodices
and skirts for daytime and evening ballgown wear.

If you are looking for something that is more historically based, try this.

You won't regret it.
I've made their bustle petticoat in a workshop at Costume College, and last
year made my first 1885 bustle ballgown and the instructions were clear and
understandable.

Donna Scarfe (Mistress Felicity)
Fyne Hats By Felicity
Period Headgear for Past Ages