In a message dated 5/11/2006 1:25:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

plus  people tend to forget how much natural acting owes to the appearance of

more natural writing (thanks to writers like brecht and ibsen and checkhov
whom stanislavski's style itself owes a  lot)).

*********************

I was trying to point that out myself. Didn't I mention "other arts"? No
single art movement, in any medium, or artist for that matter, acts in a
vacuum.
It's all related to the times. That's why, whether you like the Mona  Lisa
now or not, doesn't determine its status as art. [Hell, the Mona Lisa has
moved
on from the "art" category into the "Icon" category...like Munch's "The
Scream".... Or Grant Wood's "American Gothic".

***************************
the reason I say that most of stanislavski's teachings are basic common
sense
is because I (and quite a few friends who went on to become pro.  actors),
used stans methods without realising it (eg emotional memory, and  circle of
attention and all that).  hence the fact that I hated  studying it - becuase
to me,
there wasn't that much to study that I didn't  already know.

I AGREE with you....wholeheartedly! But it didn't "take the stage" in
England during the Restoration...which is what this tread was originally about.

"Stage Beautify"...remember?

And it's only slightly off topic since design is part of it all.

And I thought the theatre site was kinda interesting.