On Saturday 20 May 2006 5:06 pm, Sue Clemenger wrote:
> Sure! Always! <giggle>
> I've got a variety of things going at the moment, some of them peripherally
> (sp?) associated with historical costuming,

Wow, neat stuff, Sue!

Since nothing else is going on here, this may be a good time for people to
talk about their current costume/textile-related projects.

Let's see.  What am I working on now?  Ignoring the stuff that's gotten pushed
so far down the list it's a misrepresentation to claim I'm working on it at
the moment, we have:

*  A Viking apron dress of the same style as the reconstruction in the Danish
National Museum (I forget the official name of the museum just now, sorry!)

*  A plain linen smock or two to wear with it and other period garb (none of
my smocks are linen, and I'm trying to make my garb more properly historic.)

*  An ornamented shawl of a style found in Lithuanian digs dated to about the
10th century.

*  Teaching myself nalbinding so that I can eventually make myself a properly
period pair of socks.  My first project is a kind of floppy dome I'm trying
to turn into a simple hat.

*  Remaking a classical Roman matron's tunic to be more period;

*  Making a stola (sleeveless overdress--*not* a shawl or stole, despite the
name) to wear with the above.

--
Cathy Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"I'm starting to like the cut of this man's gibberish."
--General Fillmore (from "The Tick," episode 2)