----- Original Message ----- From: "Catherine Olanich Raymond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 12:15 AM
Subject: Current projects (was Re: [h-cost] hello out there??)

Since nothing else is going on here, this may be a good time for people to
talk about their current costume/textile-related projects.

Currently working on:

2 wedding dresses--one a simple "Irish Dress" in cotton, the other is an Italian gown, with chemise, undergown, and open-front overgown. The two bottom layers are linen (white and a gorgeous dark green), the overgown is a pretty burgundy that the bride purchased.

For myself- restitching a few of the pearls on my velvet Gown of Doom so I can wear it to an event next Sunday, and I'm in the planning stages of a new dress for Pennsic. I have eight yards of ivory tropical weight wool, and I'm considering sleeves and forepart in either gold or navy silk. And the Evil Mentor to whom I am Minion showed me Saturday how to make spangles out of gold wire!

I also have 25 yards of 3.5 oz linen to make underwear for Pennsic. The ultimate goal is underwear equaling number of days at event +1, but I won't quite be there by Pennsic. I promised my husband I would reduce what I'm taking thyis year, and I'm thinking along the lines of "all my underwear and four-five gowns". I also need hats and veils. Busy busy busy!

Dianne